Make sure that all phones are on the hook and that cordless phone batteries are charged. Check the lights on your phone modem (the device connecting your cable to your phones) for the following:
- Power light should be solid. If not, verify that the device is plugged directly into a working power outlet. If the power cord is removed or power is out, the only lights that might be active will be power and Tel1/Tel2.
- Online light should be solid. If not, verify that standby mode (Motorola 5220 only) is off. If the standby light is on, press the standby button on top of the device. (The standby feature turns off Internet only – Phone Service stays active.)
- Battery light should be solid. If the battery light is off, make sure the battery is securely connected to the modem a flashing battery light indicates the battery is charging or the battery is depleted and needs to be changed. Please contact us if the battery light blinks for more than 24 hours. Note that as long as your modem is plugged in and receiving power, the status of your battery light should not affect your Phone service.
- Try to plug a working corded phone into different jacks to find out if the issue is isolated to one phone or jack.
- Plug the phone directly into the phone modem to determine if the issue may be related to wiring inside your home.
If after trying all of the above, you are still not receiving a dial tone, please contact your local Breezeline office.